Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Year and New Daily Life of the Youngbergs

Kurt got a call the day after Christmas to inform him the company he works for was going to stop paying for our health insurance...and the cost for us to cover it was $500 a month....out of our pocket. Let's just say it put a big damper on the end of our trip. We were scrambling around trying to figure out a way to make up $500 a month. That's when I had to make the decision to back to work. It was amazing being at home with Holden, but definitiely not cost effective :)

So I am now working at the University of Utah as a campus operator. I only work 4 1/2 hours a day, but our life has been flipped upside down. I work from 12:30 to 5 so we have the mornings as a family. We then drop Holden off at daycare, Kerri's house, or Nina's house while I rush to work and Kurt rushes to school. I have been trying to figure out how to still get dinner on the table at a decent time when I don't get home until 5:30. So I've been chopping and making most of the dinner before I leave for work, then finish it up when I get home.

So there is how our daily life has changed, I work, Kurt's in school and Holden is in daycare and at his Aunts' houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment