Sunday, October 10, 2010

Off to California we go.....

We are outta here for the next week! We are driving to California today and coming back Friday. It's Kurt's Fall break at school and I don't work so we said "why not go to California?"

I'm looking forward to.....relaxing, eating lots and lots of Val's cooking, beating everyone at Nertz, playing lots of games, swimming in the hot tub, the dog beach, going to Jack Johnson with Bri and Chelsea, and maybe Knotts Berry Farm or Disneyland. But most of all I'm looking forward to hanging out with family! And seeing my sister in law who's PREGNANT, #11 cousin for Holden. Ahh it feels good that we can finally share the news that she's pregnant, congrats Matt and Ananda! We can't wait to meet your beautiful baby, she/he is going to be lucky for have you as parents!

I will say I'm dreading 2 things. The drive. And Brent not being there in California when we arrive. Does missing him get any easier? I broke down, big time while packing today, I can't believe we won't see him. The pain is lessening day by day, but there are those times when it hurts so much I just want to curl up and scream. It was one of those days today.

Ok this was supposed to be a happy post about California....so yes we are thrilled to be leaving the cold and going to 80 degree weather. But we will miss seeing you Brent.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't want to ask how you felt about Brent not being there. Sometimes it's just easier not to talk about it. But I definitely thought about it.

    I hope the drive is going OK. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete